Preparation for Eyelash Extensions Treatment
There are a few things that are recommended you bring, do, and consider, for your Eyelash Extensions treatment:
- Arrive to your appointment with clean lashes, free of any eye makeup, and remove contact lenses
- Allow approximately 90 minutes for a full set of Classic Eyelash Extensions
- 2 – 2.5 hours for a full set of Natural Russian Volume Eyelash Extensions
- 2.5 – 3 hours for a full set of Glam Russian Volume Eyelash Extensions
- Sunglasses and prescription glasses
- Any photographs/examples of eyelash extension sets that take your fancy, which will be discusses further at your consultation
Eyelash Extension Aftercare
The below information will assist in caring for your new eyelash extensions and keeping them looking beautiful.
Generally speaking, the eyelash cycle is between 4-8 weeks, at which time all eyelashes fully replenish.
Following your treatment, don’t be alarmed if a couple of lashes fall out quickly, as they were most likely at the end of their life cycle.
The majority of your eyelash extensions will stay through a complete cycle if you follow these simple guidelines.
- Following your treatment, you should avoid getting your lashes wet for a minimum of 24 hours, with an ideal period of 48 hours. This allows for the adhesive to bond properly to your natural lash
- It is recommended to not wear any mascara as many brands contain chemical properties and oils that break down the extension adhesive. Removal of mascara can also cause extensions to fall out prematurely. If you are looking to further enhance your look, there is a wide range of options in application techniques and extensions, that will meet your desired result. Ask your Lash Artist for more information about what options are available
- Take special care around the eye region when cleansing your face, ensuring that you do not rub or scrub your eyes. Oil-free products are best suited, and specific product recommendations and purchases can be made from your Lash Artist
- Everyday gently rinse your lashes, paying particular attention to your lash line and eye lids to wash away dead skin cells, natural oils and make up
- Never use a clamp style eyelash curler on your extensions. This can damage not only your extensions but have the potential to permanently damage your natural eyelash as well. Your lash wand provided to you is perfect to gently comb and groom your lashes
- By avoiding extreme variations of heat, humidity and the cold weather, your extensions can last longer. For example, saunas, zero degree weather, long hot showers etc, however, normal activities such as swimming can be resumed after the 24-48 period following your appointment. It is recommended to gently rinse you extensions with fresh water following any swimming activities
- It can be tempting to fiddle with your lashes, particularly as they reach the 2-3 week mark and begin to grow out. Do not pull your lashes or attempt to remove them yourself. This can lead to lasting damage to your natural eyelash follicle. Instead, call to make an appointment to have your Lash Artist re-fill professionally
- To keep your lashes looking fresh , full and natural, it is recommended that you schedule your re-fill appointment every 2-3 weeks
- We are here to help! Any questions, comments and feedback are most welcome by contacting us